Scarlets again at Gluepot

The amazing and beautiful Scarlet-chested Parrots are still frequenting Gluepot at the moment and as I had a course to attend for two days at Gluepot, in some of the down time I went and scouted around the areas they are hanging around in. In the two days I saw six birds but only managed to photograph one the results are below!
This was my third trip up to GP since the Scarlets showed up and I have now seen a total of twelve birds, first trip 4, second trip 6 and this trip 6. So my strike rate has been pretty good!
Also below are some of the other great birds at Gluepot at the moment!
Scarlet-chested Parrot




They aren't always easy to see even with all those bright colours!!

Budgerigars had moved into the area in big numbers! Quite unusual as Budgies are normally uncommon in this area.

Another spring migrant a Black Honeyeater, there were a few of these around.

White-fronted Honeyeater

Australian Owlet-nightjar, this little cutie watched us as we had our lunch at the homestead.

Red-backed Kingfisher

White-winged Triller

This White-necked Heron was photographed on the way home near Waikerie.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts