All Australian Falcons - minus 1


As it says in the title, below are all the Falcons to be found in Australia, with one notable exception?


Australian Kestrel

Australian Kestrel
 
Brown Falcon

Brown Falcon

Black Falcon

Black Falcon

Peregrine Falcon (male)
 
The male then flew to the next power pole and joined the female, who is the larger bird on the left!


Australian Hobby

Australian Hobby

Only the mythical Falcon of the Australian Outback to find! So far the 'Grey Ghost' has eluded me!

Rest assured though one day the Grey Falcon will grace the lens of my camera, and all who read this blog will be the first to see the results!!


Comments

  1. A wonderful collection of Australian falcon photographs. I last saw a Grey Falcon in July 1989 near Longreach. Good Luck, I hope you can hold the camera steady when you find one! Maybe I couldn't. Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, Great post - love the hobby on the post! I think I may have seen Grey Falcon at Gluepot. I flushed it from the Gypsum Walk about 100m in from where the walk meets the track where the SCPs are. It settled about 75m away low down with some prey. I got a couple of very poor, very shaky shots, showing a pale grey bird of prey with darker primaries and yellow legs - I'm about 80% convinced, but not enough to go on my list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony, hope it wasn't eating a SCP!! I have heard of at least 3 different reports in the last couple of months of Grey Falcon sightings at Gluepot! so well could be! would love to see the photos, I am Falcon crazy and study them quite a lot, so may be able to help? Send them though to my email if you would like a second opinion?
    That Hobby is the male of a pair which spend a fair amount of their time in a large eucalypt in front of my house! Not sure where they nest though? but the female is only here infrequently at the moment, so on the nest somewhere I guess?
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi chris. Don't think I have your e-mail address. I have put a couple of photos here:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=63f0e83d24fbf2e8&page=play&resid=63F0E83D24FBF2E8!122 Let me know what you think. cheers Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tony,
    I have emailed to your Hotmail, after looking at the pics
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. So was it a Grey Falcon Chris ? Lachlan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts