Crested Shrike-tits still at my Winery!

After breeding in the middle of the Winery wastewater Eucalypt plantation in 2009, then disappearing for 6-8 months, my local Crested Shrike-tit pair were back again in spring 2010. This time nesting on the banks of the North Para River which runs along side the woodlot and through the winery, in November one chick fledged and could often be found begging to be fed high up in the canopy.
Currently all three are still moving about the Winery and can be heard calling occasionally throughout the day. Today I followed the calls up to find all three high up giving limited photo ops! The first photo is the best I could get!!


Male CST, one of three feeding high up in the Eucalypts at St Hallett Winery on 2/2/2011



Same Male CST feeding down lower. (photo taken start of Jan 2011)
 


Same Male CST feeding down lower. (photo taken start of Jan 2011)
 

Comments

  1. Awesome Chris!! Great photos. I love these birds. I thank them for introducing us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! I wish I could get some video of these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Richard, yeah they are a great bird to watch, full of character! Be a good video target!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts